This Noah's Ark coloring book retells the popular Bible story in a charming way that is easy to understand. The illustrations in this coloring book are designed for young children (ages 2-5) to enjoy as an adult reads the story.
Written by Dorothy Smith
Illustrated by Kevin Spear
- God said to Noah, "Build a boat, I'll show you how so it will float."
- Noah obeyed. He hammered and sawed. The boat grew tall; the boat grew broad
- Now, Noah's boat is almost done. The neighbor's laughed and said in fun . . .
- "It will not rain, and it won't pour; Whatever will you use it for?
- "There'll be a flood," good Noah replied. "00God's people will be safe inside."
- God said, "Noah, go and find animals of every kind."
- First came the two elephants with floppy ears and swaying trunks.
- Then came friendly little dogs, flying ducks and hopping frogs.
- Tall, proud roosters came in too, crowing, "Cock-a-doodle-doo!"
- Happy clucking mother hens, billy goats and singing wrens.
- Soon Noah's animals were safe inside. "Now, get your family in," God cried.
- Noah obeyed, and God shut the door. Soon it rained, then rained some more.
- Water covered the land and mountains high, but Noah's crew was safe and dry.
- Noah gave thanks to God above for saving his family from the flood. And when the land again was dry, God put a rainbow in the sky.
- God promised Noah He'd never send another flood like that again!
- The waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh. Genesis 9:15
These coloring/activity books are not only fun but also educational. The easy-to-understand text and applicable pictures make Bible stories come alive.
Reproducible for home or classroom use.